I found this interesting page deep in the bowels of Google's website. It's a short but powerful article about content. This week, I'm going to write five blogs about this article.
Let's take a look at the first paragraph.
"Often, businesses put a lot of effort into website graphics but not enough into the website text. Informative text is reassuring to visitors and it gives search engines something to crawl."
- Yes--a website should look professional. But information is more important than looks.
- The above is a pretty strong anti-Flash statement.
- The more you educate website visitors, the better your conversion.
- Search engines have NO interest in how your website looks. However, search engines are EXTREMELY interested in content and copy--it 'gives the search engines something to crawl' so give them a ton of content to find.
- Don't you love the word 'reassuring' used in tandem with content?
The biggest lesson...CONTENT IS KING!
Tomorrow, I'll go through the educational part of a website.
I'm a direct response copywriter based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Enter your info to the right for my free series: Seven Steps to High Converting Copy. Or contact me here.